I thought the language in this story was a little bit confusing. I'm looking forward to discussing it in class to maybe understand it better. I did see it's about a young teenager's obsession over a girl. He is willing to go to any lengths to make her happy and maybe gain her love. She wants to go the bazaar but can't because she has to go with her covenant somewhere. The boy tells the girl he will buy her something even though he is poor and doesn't have the means to by her something nice. He then decides to steal her something or steal money to buy her something nice. At the end of the story the electricity goes off and gives him the perfect chance to steal something from the store he entered previously. I can see this type of thing happening in modern days when a lot of people want to impress their girlfriends or loved ones with fancy things. It seems now a days it's all about giving expensive gifts and out-doing one another. The boy is willing to risk his freedom (jail) to gain a girl's attraction. I enjoyed the story even though the language was very difficult.
*EDIT - I realized that I totally misinterpreted this story. I understood after the class discussion that the kid was not trying to rob the store but instead could not afford anything nice for the young girl. The girl also was trying to get things out of the boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment